ISB GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. Privacy Notice
ISB Global Services website, https://isbglobalservices.com
, (“website”) is provided as a service to our website visitors. Our privacy policies and other disclosures contain information as to how we collect, use, protect and disclose your personal information. The privacy notice(s) that apply to you vary based on the type of relationship you have with ISB Global Services and the geographical location in which you live. Please see below for more. The website provides pre-employment background screening services and offers services and products that support the insurance industry.
Collection and Use of Information on our website
ISB Global Services collects the following types of information when you visit our website:
Personally Identifiable Information
- Personally identifiable information (PII)
- Non-personally identifiable information
Based on the nature of your transaction with us, you may provide to us certain PII such as first and last name; home address or other physical address; an email address; a telephone number; credit card number in certain situations if you are a Customer; and other information as required in order for us to process your transaction.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
When you visit our website, we may collect general Internet data, including your IP address, domain name, browser type, date and time of access, which of our web pages you visited, and how long you spend on each page. We may collect this information to analyze trends or administer our Site.
The information collected through our website may be used:
- To process transactions and fulfill Customer orders you request;
- To respond to your inquiries or otherwise correspond with you;
- To maintain your account (if you have one);
- For purposes permitted by your organization's agreement(s) with us (if any) for the provision of products and services;
- To maintain the security and integrity of our website, products and services; and
- For the administration, review and/or the improvement of the content of our websites, products or services.
We use “cookie” technology to collect website usage data and to improve the website and our services, and your experience with the Site. Cookies are pieces of information generated by a Web server and stored in your computer, ready for future access. The information can then be used to identify you when you return to the website, to personalize web content, and in some cases suggest items of potential interest based on previous use. ISB Global Services may use both session cookies and persistent cookies.
A session cookie enables certain features of the website and our service and is deleted from your computer when you disconnect from or leave the Site. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
ISB Global Services' website and those of our partners and affiliates may contain links to other Internet sites. You may access other Third Party Services through the Site, for example by clicking on links to those Third Party Services from within the Site. We are not responsible for the privacy notices and/or practices of these Third Party Services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those Third Party Services' privacy notices. This Privacy Notice only governs information collected on the Site.
These links are provided for your convenience and to provide further information about a partner or affiliate. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s).
ISB Global Services exercises no control whatsoever over such other websites and web-based resources and is not responsible or liable for the availability thereof or the content, advertising, products or other materials thereon.
ISB Global Services shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss incurred or suffered by any user in connection therewith. Your access and use of linked websites, including information, material, products and services therein, is solely at your own risk.
Choice and Opt-Out
As a user of our website you make the decision whether to proceed with activities that request PII, such as requesting follow-up contact regarding our services and products, receipt of email communications from us or receipt of our newsletter. If you do not provide the requested information you may not be able to complete certain transactions or benefit from certain services.
If you do not wish to receive, or continue receiving, direct marketing materials, newsletters or other products and services offered by email, ISB Global Services will provide instructions in its communications on how to be removed from any list(s). Generally, if you do not wish to receive e-mails from us in the future, you can notify us by email, phone or by contacting us in writing at the address listed in the Point of Contact section below or use the opt-out mechanism if one is provided in our e-mail communications.
We may disclose information we collect through this website to third parties in order to complete a transaction or Customer order that you requested, or as otherwise permitted by your organization's customer agreement(s) (if any) with us. ISB Global Services may also disclose your information when seeking the investigation of your screening to third parties such as court researchers, service vendors or other data providers. We will only transfer information that is deemed necessary to deliver the information we have requested.
ISB Global Services may also disclose your information for the following reasons:
Access and Correction
- When required by law or legal process, when pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings;
- When necessary to investigate, take action or prevent illegal activities, fraud, potential threats to safety or personal physical safety.
- If our company or our assets are acquired by another company, that company will assume responsibility for the personal information collected by us through our website and it will assume the rights and obligations regarding the information collected through our website, as described in this Privacy Notice.
We strive to maintain the accuracy of the PII collected through our website. We will provide you with access to PII you provide through our website for as long as we maintain that information in a readily accessible format. We will also work with you to correct any PII you submitted to us.
If you wish to access PII that you have submitted through our website or to request the correction of any inaccurate PII you have submitted through our website, please use the mechanisms provided by our website or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We take steps to protect against the loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration of personally-identifiable information collected through this website and otherwise subject to this policy. We recognize the importance of security for all personally-identifiable information collected by our website. Once we receive personally-identifiable information, we take steps to protect its security on our systems. In the event we request or transmit sensitive information, such as credit card information or Social Security Numbers through this website, we use industry standard, secure socket layer (SSL) encryption.
We limit access to personally-identifiable information to those employees who need access in order to carry out their job responsibilities.
When we dispose of personally identifiable information collected through this website, we use procedures to dispose of personal information by means such as shredding documents and erasure of electronic media that information cannot be practicably read or reconstructed.
How We Use and Collect Information
ISB Global Services is a consumer reporting agency (CRAs) operating in accordance with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). FCRA establishes the following principles for all CRAs:
Information about you may only be furnished to third parties that have a permissible purpose. In general, these deal with credit, employment, insurance, rental or banking transactions initiated by you, or where the object is to make a firm offer to you. CRAs must qualify their Customers to make certain that they have a permissible purpose to receive the information.
Consumers may receive a copy of information the CRA maintains about them. Such reports can be obtained free of charge once per year or for a reasonable fee for additional disclosures. Please visit the applicable subsidiary websites to obtain more information.
CRAs must follow reasonable procedures to assure accuracy of the information they maintain and furnish. When you obtain a copy of your information, you have a right to dispute and have the information reinvestigated and corrected in the CRAs database.
Information is obtained from various sources including public records sources. However, certain information over a specified time period may not be reported.
The Federal Trade Commission is charged with overseeing the operations of CRAs and enforcing FCRA requirements.
ISB Global Services is subject to the FCRA and operates within this framework. If you would like to obtain a report about the information we have about you, please call 1.844.389.8889 or email email@example.com
For credit reports from the credit bureaus: https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp
Protection of Your Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard the personal information you provide to us. Our products and/or services online are transmitted through a secured socket layer (SSL) transmission. Further, we have security protocols and measures in place to ensure confidentiality of PII and to protect the PII we maintain about you from unauthorized access or alteration as well as unlawful disclosure. These measures include internal and external firewalls, physical security and technological security measures, as well as encryption of certain information. Our security program is designed to: (1) ensure the security and confidentiality of personal information, (2) protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of the information, and (3) protect against unauthorized access to or use of the information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to any individual.
Point of Contact
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at the address below. You also may use this Point of Contact to exercise your opt-out, access and correction rights under this Privacy Notice.
PRIVACY NOTICE: CALIFORNIA AND OTHER STATES INVESTIGATIVE CONSUMER REPORTS
ISB Global Services
100 Stone Rd W Unit #203
Guelph, ON N1G 5L3
If you reside in California or certain other states (including Virginia), you may have rights under applicable state privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act and the California Privacy Rights Act (collectively, “CPRA”) or the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”). Under California law (Civil Code § 1786.10-1786.40), an “investigative consumer report” is a consumer report containing information on a consumer's character, general reputation, personal characteristics or mode of living. Under California law, ISB Global Services compiles “investigative consumer reports” about individuals and provides them to businesses for background screening related to employment purposes.
Please note that the CPRA and VCDPA do not apply to Personal Data which is processed pursuant to the FCRA, the federal law which protects background check information. When ISB Global Services processes Personal Data about California and Virginia residents for the purposes of performing a background check pursuant to the FCRA, such processing is exempt from the CPRA and VCDPA. In such cases, we will process your Personal Data in accordance with the FCRA.
In addition, we often act as a “service provider” or “processor” with regard to Personal Data we receive and process through our Services. In such cases, we conduct our data processing in accordance with the restrictions set forth in the data processing agreements with our Customers, who act as the “business” or “controller” under the CPRA or VCDPA. The privacy practices of our Customers are subject to their privacy policies, which we encourage you to review. ISB Global Services is not responsible for our Customers’ privacy practices or policies.
California and Virginia residents may learn more about their rights below:
Personal Information Disclosure: United States or Overseas
- Right to know: California and Virginia residents have the right to know what categories of Personal Data have been collected about them, and whether such Personal Data has been disclosed or sold for a business purpose in the past 12 months.
- For a description of the categories of Personal Data that ISB Global Services has collected, see the section above entitled, Personally Identifiable Information. ISB Global Services retains this Personal Data in accordance with applicable laws and agreements between ISB Global Services and its Customers and affiliates.
- ISB Global Services does not sell your Personal Data. However, we may share Site Visitors’ cookies data for the purposes of cross-contextual behavioral advertising. When Site Visitors visit ISB’s website, we present a banner which enables Site Visitors to Accept or Deny sharing their cookies.
- Access: California and Virginia residents have the right to request access to their Personal Data.
- Deletion: California and Virginia residents have the right to request the deletion of certain Personal Data.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: ISB Global Services enforces a strict non-discrimination policy when you exercise your rights.
- Rights relating to sensitive personal information. ISB Global Services will not process the sensitive personal information of Virginia Consumers, as defined by the VCDPA, without Consumer consent. California residents have the right to limit processing of sensitive personal information under the CPRA. ISB may process the sensitive personal information of California Consumers as defined under California law, including the following categories: (1) social security number, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number and (2) account log-in in combination with the credentials allowing access to an account.
- ISB uses such sensitive personal information only for the following purposes:
- To the extent it is necessary to perform the services reasonably expected by the average Consumer who requested them;
- To help ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of the Consumer’s personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes; and
- Performing services on behalf of the business, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, or providing similar services on behalf of the business.
In connection with our preparation and processing of “investigative consumer reports” under California law, we are required to advise you that ISB Global Services does transfer personal information about you to our authorized service providers and affiliates outside the United States and its territories. Specifically this applies if your employment is in Canada.
ISB Global Services' policies and procedures for preparing and processing investigative consumer reports are designed to comply with the requirements of the California Investigative Consumer Reporting Agencies Act (Cal. Civ. Code § 1786.10 et. seq.) and the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. § 1681 et. seq.). ISB Global Services, for example, maintains policies and procedures designed to limit the purposes for, and circumstances under which, we furnish investigative consumer reports. ISB Global Services maintains reasonable procedures to assure maximum possible accuracy of the information concerning the individual about whom the report relates.
ISB Global Services provides individuals with the ability to request, upon proper identification, access to information we hold about them in our investigative consumer reporting files. ISB Global Services conducts reinvestigations of the accuracy and completeness of information at the individual's request. ISB Global Services also has implemented administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information that ISB Global Services maintains in our investigative consumer reporting files.
To obtain additional information about ISB Global Services' privacy practices and policies in connection with its preparation and processing of “investigative consumer reports”, please contact:
ISB Global Services
100 Stone Rd W Unit #203
Guelph, ON N1G 5L3
ISB follows guidelines as set out in PIPEDA.
PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) is a Canadian law relating to data privacy. It governs how private-sector organizations collect, use and disclose personal information in the course of commercial business. In addition, the Act contains various provisions to facilitate the use of electronic documents. For more information please visit PIPEDA's website. (www.privcom.gc.ca
All requests, questions or concerns about your Personal Information should be sent by mail, fax or e-mail to the following:
ISB Global Services
100 Stone Rd W Unit #203
Guelph, ON N1G 5L3