See What's Trending In The Background Check Industry
Who has the Authority to Verify Your Identity with Consent in the USA?
Whether you're opening a bank account, applying for a loan, or undergoing a background check for employment purposes, you may find yourself asking, "Who can verify my identity in the USA?" The short answer is that there are several entities and individuals that can provide this service. It's important to note that the specific requirements for identity verification may vary depending on the purpose and the organization involved. Always check with the respective entity to determine the exact documentation and process required.
Here are the organizations that can assist you in verifying your identity:
1. Government agencies, including the DMV, US Department of State, and SSA, issue official identification documents like driver's licenses, identification cards, and passports, serving as proof of identity and playing a vital role in identity verification.
2. Financial institutions, such as banks and credit unions, are crucial in verifying identity for financial transactions, necessitating valid identification like driver's licenses or passports, alongside potential verification of Social Security numbers and credit checks to ensure legitimacy.
3. Notary publics, appointed by state governments, serve as impartial witnesses in legal and financial transactions, verifying identity through document review, signature witnessing, and affixing their official seal.
4. Background check services utilized by employers and organizations cross-reference personal information, including Social Security numbers, with official records, granting them access to databases to verify identity and investigate employment history, education, and criminal background.
5. USCIS, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services, aids immigrants and non-US citizens in verifying their identity by handling immigration-related procedures and issuing identity-validating documents like employment authorization cards, green cards, and naturalization certificates.
6. Educational institutions, such as colleges and universities, verify identity for enrollment, financial aid applications, and official transcripts by requesting official identification documents and employing supplementary measures like contacting previous educational institutions or conducting interviews.
7. Professional licensing boards, responsible for fields such as medicine, law, and engineering, verify identity during the application process to ensure that applicants are genuine and meet the required qualifications for obtaining professional licenses.
ISB Global Services offerings
ISB Global Services is a leading provider of identity verification software and comprehensive background checks specifically designed for accurate identity verification purposes. Our electronic identity verification solutions, including the mobile identification app (MID), combine advanced facial recognition technology with secure database checks, ensuring the authenticity of provided information such as driver's licenses. With our seamless integration of background check services, we offer a comprehensive solution for reliable and efficient identity verification processes.